We are looking for an experienced Welder to join our team repair in Ramsgate. Most of the work is ship repair, working on mild steel between 6-20mm , butts and fillets in a range of positions.
The job in a nutshell:
- Salary: £15.00 – £16.00 per hour
- Overtime available
- Welder Fabricator
- Welder Fabricator for Early Shift (Monday to Friday 06:00 – 14:15) or Afternoon Shift (Monday to Thursday 14:15-12:30am ** 4 Day Working Week **)
- MIG &TIG welding; thin gauge materials typically between 0.9mm to 10.0m mild, stainless steel and aluminium, from engineering drawings
- Competitive hourly pay (including occasional O/T at 1.5x normal pay), and an excellent working environment
- High standard of MIG & TIG Welding with thin gauge materials typically between 0.9mm to 10.0m mild, stainless steel and aluminium
- Higher pay and preferred (though not required) to be able to read engineering drawings
Benefits of this offer:
- 3% matching staff pension available after 3-month probationary period; training courses where applicable; +1 holiday after 4 years of service / +2 days after 8 years of service
- Bi-annual company profit share; 20% payout on savings from Bright Ideas
- Free lunches on Friday (Thurs for afternoon shift); free coffee, tea and fruit.
- Private healthcare after 6mo of service.
- 2qty fully paid 1hr physio appointments per year.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Career progression for those looking to develop.
- High standard of TIG Welding with thin gauge materials typically between 0.9mm to 6.0m mild, stainless steel and aluminium
- Able to MIG weld, as well
- Responsible for QC own work and raising issues with relevant superior
- Communicating clearly with superior the status of work
- Keeping own bay clean and organized
- Communicating clearly with welding charge hand the status of work